[mb-devel] Help request: Testing
matt at mafr.de
Sat May 14 19:54:08 UTC 2005
we're going to release a new server version soon, but we need help to
test the new features. So if you've got time, please go to
http://test.musicbrainz.org and look for bugs.
Please note that we have a feature freeze and that it's highly unlikely
that we add new features or change the existing ones. We're mainly
interested in fixing bugs to release soon.
Below is a list of things that got changed. It would be cool if we got
some feedback, so please reply to this thread and tell us what you
no matter if you found bugs or not.
* Albums have script and language attributes
* Batch setting of language/script possible
* Add album workflows (add/import) allow to set script and language
* Add album / Edit language moderations have a language attribute
The advanced moderation search supports searching
for add album mods and edit album language mods in a specified
* Advanced search allows to search for moderations that are in
a set of selected languages
Guess Case / Site Layout
* New guess case features (full rewrite)
* All forms have been rewritten and improved
* New dependencies for mb_server. Among others, a patched version
of String::Similarity is no longer needed.
* Problems with the site search that turned up recently have been fixed.
* Fixed some AR bugs in the moderation subsystem.
* Fixed an artist sorting bug.
* Random inline mods are back as a user preference, but for
* Stefan Kestenholz for the autofix features and the new fancy forms.
Additional thanks to Tarragon Allen who started the guess case work.
* Dave for help with the language feature, including writing the
Script and Language classes, doing all the bug fixes listed above,
updating the dependencies and general guidance and support.
* Nikki for helping with language stuff including writing the
documentation, improving the superfluous data tracks report,
open moderations link (and advanced search preset) on the user
profile, HTML/CSS updates, general testing and support.
* Alex for language stuff, including the great language
* Rob for random inline voting mods.
More information about the MusicBrainz-devel