[mb-devel] Updates to python-musicbrainz2
mb at mafr.de
Sat Mar 25 15:49:55 UTC 2006
I'm currently preparing the 0.3.0 release of python-musicbrainz2
which will be the last beta release, I hope. There have been several
incompatible API changes to support relevance scores (the server will
soon make them available) and to make the interface more consistent.
Some people might also be pleased that properties are now available for
all model classes.
If you're planning to use this package, please help testing and report
any problems you find. This is also the last change to request API
changes. Unfortunately, there are still some bugs in the web service
itself and it's not as consistent as I'd hoped, but there's nothing I
can do about that.
svn co svn://svn.musicbrainz.org/python-musicbrainz2/branches/preparing-0.3.0 \
Changes from 0.2.2:
* API changes in model.Query to support relevance scores (#1175):
- Changed getArtists() to return a list of ArtistResult objects.
- Changed getReleases() to return a list of ReleaseResult objects.
- Changed getTracks() to return a list of TrackResult objects.
* API changes in model.ReleaseEvent:
- Renamed getCountryId() to getCountry()
- Renamed __init__()'s 'countryId' parameter to 'country'.
* API changes in model.Artist:
- Renamed setType()'s 'typeUri' parameter to 'type_'.
* API changes in model.ArtistAlias:
- Renamed __init__()'s and setType()'s 'typeUri' parameter to 'type_'.
* API changes to wsxml.Metadata:
- Removed getArtistList(), getReleaseList(), getTrackList()
- Added getArtistResults(), getReleaseResults(), and getTrackResults(),
returning ArtistResult, ReleaseResult, and TrackResult objects,
* General API changes:
- Classes are now derived from 'object' (new-style classes).
- Marked all supposedly private attributes as private ('attr' -> '_attr').
- Marked the DOM utility functions in wsxml.py as private.
* All getter and setter methods are now exposed as properties, too.
* Added the class wsxml.MbXmlWriter which generates MMD XML.
* Fixed model.Release.TYPE_EP ('Ep' -> 'EP').
* Modules now have __all__, which makes 'import *' possible (but don't do it).
* The country code in model.ReleaseEvent is now optional. This is due to
the server which doesn't provide country codes for release collection
queries (and just the earliest date).
* Added more example code and improved the documentation.
Good luck ;-)
More information about the MusicBrainz-devel