[mb-style] RFC: Style for compilation recordings

Michael Wiencek mwtuea at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:16:21 UTC 2011

On Jul 1, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Johannes Weißl wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 01:17:35AM -0500, Michael Wiencek wrote:
>> The proposed RFC will modify the multiple titles style page[1] for
>> recordings/release groups and replace it with this one:
>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:Bitmap/Multiple_titles
>
> Maybe you could make it more clear that this applies to recordings?
>
> "if two songs share the same track, the title should be split as
> follows:"
> --->
> "if two songs share the same track, the title of the recording should be
> split as follows:"

I changed "if two songs share the same track" to "if two songs share the
same recording." The guideline is under the "Recording and release group
titles" section, so I agree with using "recording," but I'd rather not
make the guideline more wordy than it needs to be (since it applies to
releases too).

Michael