[mb-style] Defining packaging

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Mon Jul 4 10:42:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

On 04/07/11 10:03, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
> I think Torc was right in his method (although I may disagree in his
> conclusions). Before defining what (and how) we want to store, we
> should answer to the question "what for". As long as we don't clearly
> define the aims, we will have fruitless discussions because we will
> effectively and unknowingly be discussing different things.

I don't use (nor intend to use) the packaging information for anything,
other than perhaps distinguishing different editions of the same album.

If the limited edition of an album is released in a Digipak and the
regular edition is in a CD-sized jewel case -- that distinction is
interesting.

Of course that makes the answer to the "how detailed do we want this
information?" entirely context dependant, which is unfortunate.

-- kuno / warp.