[mb-style] RFC: Style for compilation recordings

Michael Wiencek mwtuea at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 03:34:29 UTC 2011

On Jul 6, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Johannes Weißl wrote:

> I just found this section:
> "Hidden tracks where a single (very long) track has music, then a
> long silence (or noise), followed by one or more (different) pieces of
> music should be entered as a single track following the guidelines for
> multiple titles. If the title of the hidden song is not known, see the
> guidelines for unknown track titles. These tracks are not allowed as
> standalone recordings."
>
> This would mean that your split-compilation-tracks plugin for Picard is
> essentially useless :-( ?

Not in all cases, but probably in the one it describes. :(

I think adding standalone recordings is better than entire "bootleg"
releases with those tracks split (which I disagree with adding). The
separate recordings would also be useful for holding relationships that
differ from the other parts.

Michael