[mb-style] RFC: Add date fields usage to the Performance AR guidelines

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 21:29:29 UTC 2011

2011/7/10 ChurruKa <churruka at hangar18.cc>

> This is a trivial RFC for changing the guidelines of the Recording<->Work
> performance AR so it encourages people to add the performance dates of live
> recordings when that information is available:
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:Live_Performance_Relationship_Dates
>
> I would like to hear your thoughts about it (especially about the "end
> date": using the same date as the start date seemed obvious to me, but maybe
> other people would like to keep it blank, "guess" if the performance started
> a little before midnight and ended at 0:01, etc).

I disagree about the end date rule: I can easily imagine a release which
states that the tracks were recorded between two dates but does not indicate
which track was recorded when. Also, it is quite possible that a track is
actually a mix of two separate live recordings from the same series of
concerts.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)