[mb-style] RFC: Add date fields usage to the Performance AR guidelines

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren reosarevok at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:04:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Aurélien Mino <a.mino at free.fr> wrote:
> On 07/10/2011 04:46 PM, ChurruKa wrote:
>> This is a trivial RFC for changing the guidelines of the
>> Recording<->Work performance AR so it encourages people to add the
>> performance dates of live recordings when that information is
>> available:
>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:Live_Performance_Relationship_Dates
>>
>> I would like to hear your thoughts about it (especially about the "end
>> date": using the same date as the start date seemed obvious to me, but
>> maybe other people would like to keep it blank, "guess" if the
>> performance started a little before midnight and ended at 0:01, etc).
>>

> I don't understand what you're trying to achieve:
>
> "start date":
> For live performances with a known date this indicates the start date of
> the performance.
>
> This is true for any performance, not only live ones.

Is there any guideline for how to use dates in "performance of",
though? I imagine his point was that while it's quite common for
studio recordings to be recorded in pieces over time, live
performances tend to be recorded all together in one day, so the dates
would be more useful there.

> - Aurélien

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren