[mb-style] RFC: Add date fields usage to the Performance AR guidelines

ChurruKa churruka at hangar18.cc
Mon Jul 11 22:01:00 UTC 2011

Should I edit the proposal to remove the live part of "for live performances"
from
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:Live_Performance_Relationship_Dates and
let use the performance dates for any recordings when the performance (AKA
recording) dates are konwn? If so, I think we should either:

- "Allow" only *full* dates when valid proof is available.
- "Allow" partial dates, for example, if a band entered the studio, say, on
January 2010 and released the album on April 2010 enter ARs as "<Recording>
is a performance of <Work> from YYYY-MM to YYYY-MM". I personally dislike
this option (IMO it would be better to "allow" partial dates on the
Release/RG level only).

As on my original proposal, I think we should keep the start_date=end_date
for live recordings.

I'll check back tomorrow for more comments about this, and I'll probably
edit the proposal wiki page to reflect any changes risen from the discussion
here.