[mb-style] RFC-326: Add Artist Type "Other"

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren reosarevok at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:42:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Johannes Weißl <jargon at molb.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:55:02PM +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>> Sounds good, I guess we'd make most special purpose artists into other.
>
> What about the attributes for the "Other" type? Any suggestions? Should
> these be restricted or completely editable?
>
> Name/Sort name/Comment: Of course allowed.
>
> Gender:      I'm not sure... do we need to express the "fact" that
>             "Mickey Mouse" is male? I would reserve this for real
>             persons only.
> Country:     Difficult... could be used for companies, but might not
>             be needed/wanted.
> Date Period: Same as for "Country".
> IPI code:    Can non-groups/non-persons have an IPI code? If not, this
>             can be greyed out.
Labels do have an IPI code, and there are a few cases where we need to
add them as artists now (for some exec producer or even normal
producer credits, for example). The rest of the examples probably
wouldn't have, as an imaginary character, for example, can't write a
song…

> Johannes

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren