[mb-style] RFC: Add date fields usage to the Performance AR guidelines

jacobbrett jacobbrett at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:51:19 UTC 2011

ChurruKa wrote:

> I've edited the RFC to remove the "for live performances" part, and
> changed the start/end date descriptions to a more generic "this indicates
> the start/end date of the performance".
>
> I've moved the old guide about live performances to bottom "Guidelines"
> section, and rewrote it on a more non-strict way (i.e., start/end dates
> are "usually" the same and is OK to just use the start date of a live
> event as the performance date of all of its recordings.

I think "For live recordings the end date is usually the same as the start
date. For most live albums from a single concert starting close to midnight
and ending early in the morning is OK to just use the start date of the
event on all concert recordings." should be appended with ", though precise
dates are preferred.", or have such guide expressed in an equivalent manner.