[mb-style] RFC-327: Featured Artists

Andii Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Fri Jul 15 14:59:27 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 13:14, MeinDummy <MeinDummy at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

snip...

> In (extended) MB terms I consider 'feat. 2nd artist' EAI (extra artist
> information) rather than ETI and as a consequence, I would always move it to
> the track artist instead of keeping it as part of the track title.
> And except for the ws/1 issue I don't see a good reason not to do this in
> tracklists as well.

I agree with this.  The only reason I suggest we leave the tracklists alone for
the first year of NGS is to allow consumers time to adapt without making the
idea of ws/1 being backwards compatible a complete joke.

I don't have a strong view on track listings after that, as personally
I don't intend
to use them if they are going to follow the cover rather than be
normalised.  I would
say using the artist credit is sensible from the perspective of
listing the release
under all artists on the MB website, but no doubt those who want MB to replicate
covers to the letter will disagree.

> --

Andii :-)