[mb-style] RFC-327: Featured Artists

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Sun Jul 17 12:25:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

On 17/07/11 11:37, Simon Austin wrote:
> As noted elsewhere, I disagree that there is a straight swap with
> pre-NGS track to NGS recording and pre-NGS release title with NGS
> release group here.
>
> Somewhat supporting my point, although you've updated it, it still says
> to put (feat. X) in the *track* and *release* titles.

It seems I still wasn't thorough enough :)

To be clear, my intent has always been to have it only apply to recording
and release group titles only -- that's why this guideline is a subpage
of the "Recording and release group titles" guideline.

The idea was that retain all the current guidelines for the normalized
release group / recording titles, but start out with very little guidelines
at the track/release level.  That's just the starting position however,
it is up to us in mb-style to determine which existing or new guidelines
should be applied at the track / release level.

-- kuno / warp.