[mb-style] RFC-Number: Extend "get the music" relationships to labels

Johannes Weißl jargon at molb.org
Sun Jul 17 16:17:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 07:10:10PM +0300, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
> > Can you give an example? Would that be different from the official
> > homepage? If not, I don't know if it is really needed...
>
> http://palenoir.bandcamp.com/ is the one I'm working with today. I've
> seen several other labels on Bandcamp too, and lots of them on
> SoundCloud (usually accepting demos, but in most cases also having
> music for streaming and in many for download) and, IIRC, several
> netlabels in the Free Music Archive.

Ah, now I get it! Hmm, does anyone know what happened with RFC-298
(Bandcamp Relationship Type) [1]. I think it would be a good idea to
have a "has Bandcamp page" URL relationship, so we can link artists,
labels and releases using this. What do you think?

[1] http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:HasCoverArtAtBandcamp

Johannes