[mb-style] RFC-327: Featured Artists

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Mon Jul 18 10:31:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

On 18/07/11 12:07, SwissChris wrote:
> When cover says "Track (feat. Artist)" should this ("follow the cover")
> translate into
> "Track (feat. artist)" (on track field) [by] "Main Artist" (on AC field)
> or (as I think is the only reasonable way) as
> "Track" (on track field) [by] "Main Artist feat. featured artist" (on AC
> field).
>
> I don't think we're coming to anything productive without answering this
> question first!

Here are two examples (warning, large images :).

Track 14 on Mysteryland 2010 is listed on the cover as:

track title:     Born Again
artist credits:  RICKY L FEAT. M:CK

http://www.frob.nl/mb/2011/mysteryland.black.2010.jpg

Track 1 on BoA  is listed on the cover as:

track title:     I Did It For Love (featuring Sean Garret)
artist credits:  BoA

http://www.frob.nl/mb/2011/smusa01.jpg

I would prefer that we do not move Sean Garret in the second example to the
artist credits of a track --- however, I wouldn't veto such a proposal as I
can understand that many people would think it more important to properly
link an artist to an artist entry in our database than it is to precisely
follow the order of things as they are on the cover.

-- kuno / warp.