[mb-style] CSG: Classical "superworks" and "performance of" links

symphonick symphonick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:56:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:29:56 +0200, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 2011/7/18, symphonick <symphonick at gmail.com>:

>>> Recording linked to the super-work: fuzzy - a performance of the whole
>>> super-work, but unsure about exactly which parts are performed

> I agree we probably miss something here,
> between the full, the unknown and the partial performances

I don't know if we agree or disagree? Let me try again:

1. A performance AR between a recording & the appropriate movements is the
most accurate we can do.
Symphony No. 40 in G minor is a performance of Sinfonie in g K. 550: I.
Molto Allegro (2. Fassung)
Symphony No. 40 in G minor is a performance of Sinfonie in g K. 550: II.
Andante (2. Fassung)

2. The accuracy of a performance AR between a recording & a super-work is
depending on the parts linked to the super-work.
Symphony No. 40 in G minor is a performance of Sinfonie in g K. 550
Which version? (Works structure isn't clearly defined yet, this super-work
could contain 2 superworks or 8 movements. But the issue regarding
accuracy remains.)

/symphonick