[mb-style] pre-RFC: CSG for works, part I: titled works

symphonick symphonick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:28:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:22:47 +0200, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Aliases: For titled works, use only if the work is known locally under a
>> different name.

> What do you mean here by "locally"? Locally to the release language, to
> the
> release itself?

Not talking about releases here, only works: I mean in the language used
for the alias, is the work known
in another name? "The Firebird" is an example of this; titled works that
are usually translated in certain languages.

I'm not so sure about the English title for the cantata; to me it looks
weird if the cantata is sung with German text. Perhaps we need to take the
libretto into consideration & only use translated titles for translated
works?

/symphonick