[mb-style] pre-RFC: CSG for works, part I: titled works

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Jul 20 16:06:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 09:20, symphonick <symphonick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Examples:
> Carmen
> An den Mond D 468
> Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben BWV 147
> „Wie unglücklich bin ich nit“ K. 147 (125g)
> Gymnopédie No. 1
> Москва, Черемушки, Op. 105
> L'oiseau de feu

I would prefer we keep the work type we used previously on some of
these (although I'm not sure if this was ever really accepted or used
by all editors), i.e.,

Song, K. 147 "Wie unglücklich bin ich nit"
Cantata, BWV 147 "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben"

So that the works are generally grouped by work in work lists, my
media library, and so on.  On the other hand, I never applied this
universally myself, and would find it stupid on larger works like
operas and oratorios; I don't really know where the draw the line.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org