[mb-style] pre-RFC: CSG for works, part I: titled works

symphonick symphonick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:48:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:07:01 +0200, David Gasaway <dave at gasaway.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:12, symphonick <symphonick at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, to me it makes as much sense as: Song, "Purple Haze" - I just
>> don't
>> understand why you'd want this?
>
> Well, of course it wouldn't make any sense for a popular artist with
> nothing but songs.  But with a classical composer, it helps me to
> identify, sort, and organize my music.

So if Picard could somehow use the work attribute from works linked to a
recording, you could get this information in the title field?
I'm not 100% sure how tagging will work; earlier we spoke about using the
same title for recordings as for works, but I wonder if that can work with
recordings linked to multiple works (or many recordings constituting a
partial performance of one work).

/symphonick