[mb-style] pre-RFC: CSG for works, part I: titled works

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Jul 20 22:32:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:48, symphonick <symphonick at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if Picard could somehow use the work attribute from works linked to a
> recording, you could get this information in the title field?

Truth is, I don't use Picard to tag my files .. not exactly.  I use
Picard for the initial tags (particularly for the MBIDs), then comes
custom software that includes calls to the web service APIs.  So,
theoretically, I *could* use the attribute, but can't see reliably
reforming the title in software.

> I'm not 100% sure how tagging will work; earlier we spoke about using the
> same title for recordings as for works, but I wonder if that can work with
> recordings linked to multiple works (or many recordings constituting a
> partial performance of one work).

I assume you mean if Picard was using work titles to tag, which is a good point.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org