[mb-style] RFV: 327 Featured Artists

Aurélien Mino a.mino at free.fr
Wed Jul 20 23:49:34 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 12:33 AM, Andii Hughes wrote:

> I really don't think we need a whole RFC again... we've already had
> over a hundred messages,
> most of which essentially seem to bring up the same point about track
> titles over and over again.

Yes, hundred messages, that's the heart of the issue.
This requires time to be read, analyzed and understood.

I'm just asking for more time.
You may have a lot of free time during and after your work, I've
currently not.

So since you're jumping the gun, I had no other choice but to veto.

> I can see why few style proposals get through if you expect to start
> the whole process over again
> for every amendment.

Not start again the whole process, just let people digest discussion
(and there are often multiple subject discussed on this list at the same
time).

>> Furthermore technically you need a +1 on the RFC after the last text
>> changes made to the proposal before moving it to RFV:
>> "Any changes to RFC text prior to RFV clear that +1 and reset this
>> requirement." [1]
> There is one here:
> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/musicbrainz-style/2011-July/012682.html

This +1 (/Wed Jul 20 06:51:30) /was before your last changes - not minor
ones - to the proposal (14:46, 20 July 2011):
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/?title=Proposal:Featured_Artists&action=history

But seriously, this is just anecdotal, the real issue is what I'm
describing above.

- Aurélien