[mb-style] Recording/track distinctions

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:29:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Kuno Woudt <kuno at frob.nl> wrote:
> As-on-cover track and release fields to some extent solves both issues,
> it makes it much easier for editors to get started.

They ignore the main reason that brought many of the top editors to
MusicBrainz -- data consistency. I have no problem with making the
guidelines less strict. When I was more active at editing/voting, I
was usually the kind of voter who votes yes on imperfect
additions/changes, because they add some value to the database. The
current style guidelines however support non-normalized track titles,
which is a different issue. I don't mind at all if somebody enters a
release that doesn't confirm 100% to all the guidelines, but I do mind
if somebody on purpose changes the normalized data to something that
more closely represents the album cover.

Lukas