[mb-style] RFC-327: Featured Artists (attempt 2)

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Jul 28 05:52:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 21:51, Ryan Torchia <anarchyriot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Every performer on the album was credited; whatever excuse you make up for
> the artist's name not being next to every track you can use for those guys
> as well.  The remixer was credited in the exact same location as the guest
> performer.  That field's going to get long as hell.

I don't know what you're referring to, really.  There is a distinction
between artists credited on the tracklist and artists credited in the
liner notes.  That's been the case for a long time now.  You wouldn't
put a "feat." for everyone credited in the liner notes, and you also
wouldn't put them in the AC.  If there's really a lot of people
credited in the track list, then yes, the AC will be long.  What's the
issue?

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org