[mb-style] RFC-333: Unify track/recording guidelines

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren reosarevok at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:20:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM, jesus2099 <hta3s836gzacohe at jetable.org> wrote:
> I forgot to say (pity we can’t edit posts as forums) sorry for the spam.
> I proposed a * mark for ArtistCredit (which are different from MB stored
> artist name) http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2966
> The same thing could be shown when the track title differs from the
> recording title (instead of removing this feature).

The idea is not removing the feature, it is controlling it. It is good
that the system allows the two levels. It's not good that we start
copying even the typos from the cover. I do think some free rein
should be given for tracklists (like not translating "avec" to "with"
or "feat.", using all the crazy Japanese tilde thingies, etc). I don't
think we should try to just copy the cover, because we can just show
the covers for that.

This would make it so the track guidelines *start* being more or less
the same as the recording ones. It doesn't make it impossible for them
to deviate later, in a voted, more controlled way.

> -----
> jesus2099 × Ti = Tristan + patate12 ÷ saucisson7
> mb : http://musicbrainz.org/user/jesus2099
> mb userscripts : http://userscripts.org/users/31010/scripts
> --

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren