[mb-style] RFV327: Featured artists

symphonick symphonick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 22:01:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 23:44:27 +0200, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
<reosarevok at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Lemire, Sebastien <mail at benji99.ca>

>> Btw has it been decided that we can use this guideline for featured
>> artists
>> on classical releases?
>
> That would be a separate, CSG decision. I think everyone (or almost
> everyone) agrees that performers need to be credited at recording
> level anyway, but still not sure how. Let's finish the works first ;)

We did discuss CSG for releases earlier this summer:
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:symphonick/Unofficial_CSG_release_names#Featured_artists
I can't recall seeing "feat." printed on a classical release.
(but I'll update the page later following the track/recording
normalization discussion)

/symphonick