[mb-style] RFV327: Featured artists

Lemire, Sebastien mail at benji99.ca
Sat Jul 30 22:56:36 UTC 2011

> We did discuss CSG for releases earlier this summer:
>
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:symphonick/Unofficial_CSG_release_names#Featured_artists
> I can't recall seeing "feat." printed on a classical release.
> (but I'll update the page later following the track/recording
> normalization discussion)

Ok we'll need to discuss this later in a CSG specific discussion, personally
I hate the idea of mixing composers and performers in the ACs at the release
or track level.
We should chose one of the other. Personally I've always preferred the
composer since I'm generally searching for music by composer on my mp3
players. Releases that have multiple composers should be treated in a
similar fashion as VA releases...

I've never seen "feat." printed on a classical release either, but that's
how the the titles are formed on MB as per previous CSG Guidelines and I
hope we can find a consensus to move them off of there (either ACs or as an
attribute at the AR level...)

Sebastien