[Playlist] default format in RDF

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Tue Mar 16 16:37:43 UTC 2004

This is a stylesheet to convert iTunes XML to the RDF version of
DefaultFormat:
http://playlist.musicbrainz.org/playlist/moin.cgi/DefaultFormatInRdf

It is useful for getting a real world example of what the thing we are
talking about looks like.  When you get down into the mud with real
code and real data things look different, and I noticed a bunch of
small issues that need fixing.

For example, I had to throw out a lot of metadata that iTunes has but
MusicBrainz doesn't support, which is a loss.  To fix that I'm thinking
of (1) inventing a new namespace for iTunes metadata or (2) creating
extended MB metadata field definitions.

I've been posting into a void since last week, which worries me.
What's up?