[Playlist] default format in RDF

Matthias Friedrich matt at mafr.de
Tue Mar 16 17:03:42 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, 2004-03-16, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> This is a stylesheet to convert iTunes XML to the RDF version of
> DefaultFormat:
> http://playlist.musicbrainz.org/playlist/moin.cgi/DefaultFormatInRdf

> It is useful for getting a real world example of what the thing we are
> talking about looks like.  When you get down into the mud with real
> code and real data things look different, and I noticed a bunch of
> small issues that need fixing.

Yes, I noticed some little RDF bugs, both in your and my old proposal.
It's important that others also play with the format to see if it's
usable.

> For example, I had to throw out a lot of metadata that iTunes has but
> MusicBrainz doesn't support, which is a loss.  To fix that I'm thinking
> of (1) inventing a new namespace for iTunes metadata or (2) creating
> extended MB metadata field definitions.

I'd suggest to use the MusicBrainz namespace, there's no point in
duplicating things. But first we need a list of metadata that we want to
support. See
  http://playlist.musicbrainz.org/playlist/moin.cgi/SupportedMetadata

You're all invited to add stuff, but please don't delete anything
without discussion on this list. Thanks!

bye,
	Matthias