[Playlist] collection syntax

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Mon Mar 22 18:26:28 UTC 2004

On Monday, Mar 22, 2004, at 12:33 America/New_York, Brown, Dave wrote:

> I like the rdf:Collection example. I say we use this because like you
> guys
> said it's more straightforward and makes parsing much easier.

I like it too.  A lot less verbose and easier to use.

> Regarding other changes:
> - What is this "attribution" node about?

That's something I pulled in from the CC SMIL recommendation.  It is
used to track parentage of a modified document, which is needed when
the license requires attribution.

> - Do we really want this foaf: stuff? I think it adds unneeded
> complexity to
> nodes which really don't tell you more about the playlist itself. Why
> not
> just use an rdf:about attribute in the dc:creator node for the playlist
> author? Otherwise programs will have to support parsing the foaf nodes
> and
> associated data just to get a link to some webpage that is only
> tangentially
> related to the playlist itself.

I need to think about this more.  I don't really know how much extra
trouble and functionality it creates.  Anybody else have a feeling
about FOAF one way or the other?